Internship applications open for 2018/19
Over the past couple of years, we are thrilled that our event intern program in Perth has become one of the best opportunities for people with a passion for events to get a taste of the industry. Not only do our Interns work our events, but they also work in our office and get to understand how a small business runs.
Last year we were so fortunate to work with 3 amazing interns from spring to Autumn and we were able to teach in different areas for them to learn new skills they wanted and we are pleased to announce we are now accepting applications for Spring and Summer Internships for the coming wedding season! Please note that we will be advertising Autumn internships in January 2019.
Spring Internship runs from 1st Sep to 30th Nov 2018
Summer Internship runs from 1st Dec 2018 to 28th Feb 2019
This is what we're looking for in the successful applicant:
- Someone who can commit to working 10-15 hours per week with a flexible schedule as each week is different
- Someone who has a passion for the event industry, weddings and organisation
- A great work ethic is very important as well as someone with a hunger for learning, can problem solve independently and is able to work in a team environment
- A "can do" attitude bringing positivity and professionalism to our team
- Someone who is familiar with social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest
- A working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Someone who is willing and able to join our delivery team as we roll out beautiful events across Perth (usually on Saturday's)
- Someone who is physically fit as is required for when we deliver furniture and set up events
Here are some of the things you'll expect to learn and do:
- How to assist with stock preparation and working with a rental management system
- Understanding the flow of an event schedule and working with other vendors
- How a bustling event design and hire business runs during peak wedding season
- The basics of social media to grow a small business and interacting with followers
- How we serve our Clients and always provide them with the best experience and product possible
- Writing occasional blog posts
This position is unpaid and we are confident that our internships offer great learning opportunities and skills required to enter the event industry and be part of a small business. Each position is for a period of 12 weeks to allow our interns to understand all facets of the event industry and how a small, creative business is run. If chosen for the internship, you will need to work in person at the Pompette Events HQ in Landsdale.
Please complete THIS FORM by Friday 27th July 2018, 11.59pm to be considered. Please do not email your application or resume or email us to confirm receipt. We will be in touch with applicants that we think will be a good fit to our team and the role on Tuesday 7th August to schedule telephone interviews with offers made to successful applicants week commencing 13th August.