2017/18 INTERN APPLICATIONS OPEN!
Over the past couple of years, we are thrilled that your intern program has become one of the best opportunities for people with a passion for events to get a taste of the industry. Not only do our Interns work our events, but they also work in our office and get to understand how a small business runs. Last year we were so fortunate to work with 3 amazing interns from spring to Autumn and we were able to teach in different areas for them to learn new skills they wanted. We are pleased to announce we are now accepting applications for a Spring, Summer and Autumn Interns for the coming 2017/18 wedding season!
This is what we're looking for in the successful applicant:
- Someone who can commit to working 10-15 hours per week with a flexible schedule as each week is different
- Someone who has a passion for the event industry, weddings and organisation
- A great work ethic is very important as well as a hunger for learning
- Able to problem solve independently and is able to work in a team environment
- A "can do" attitude bringing positivity and professionalism to our team
- Someone who is familiar with social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest
- A working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Someone who is willing and able to join our delivery team as we roll out beautiful events across Perth (usually on Saturday's)
- Someone who is physically fit as is required for when we deliver furniture and set up events
Here are some of the things you'll expect to learn and do:
- How to assist with stock preparation and working with a rental management system
- Understanding the flow of an event schedule and working with other vendors
- How a bustling event design and hire business runs during peak event season
- The basics of social media to grow a small business and interacting with followers
- How we serve our Clients and always provide them with the best experience and product possible
- Writing occasional blog posts
This position is unpaid and we are confident that our internships offer great learning opportunities and skills required to enter the event industry and be part of a small business. Each position is for a period of 12 weeks to allow our interns to understand all facets of the event industry and how a small, creative business is run. If chosen for the internship, you will need to work in person at the Pompette Events headquarters in East Perth.
Please complete THIS FORM by Friday 7th July 2017, 11.59pm to be considered. Please do not email your application or resume or email us to confirm receipt. We will be in touch with shortlisted applicants by Tuesday 18th July to schedule telephone interviews with offers made to successful applicants week commencing 7th August.